- 1. squatter, homesteader, nester, settler, colonist
- usage: someone who settles lawfully on government land with the intent to acquire title to it
- 2. squatter, intruder, interloper, trespasser
- usage: someone who settles on land without right or title
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. chunky, dumpy, low-set, squat, squatty, stumpy, short (vs. tall), little
- usage: short and thick; as e.g. having short legs and heavy musculature; "some people seem born to be square and chunky"; "a dumpy little dumpling of a woman"; "dachshunds are long lowset dogs with drooping ears"; "a little church with a squat tower"; "a squatty red smokestack"; "a stumpy ungainly figure"
- 2. squat, underslung, low (vs. high)
- usage: having a low center of gravity; built low to the ground
All rights reserved.
See also: squatter (Dictionary)