- 1. spatter, spattering, splatter, splattering, sputter, splutter, sputtering, noise
- usage: the noise of something spattering or sputtering explosively; "he heard a spatter of gunfire"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sputter, pop
- usage: make an explosive sound; "sputtering engines"
- 2. sputter, change, alter, modify
- usage: cause to undergo a process in which atoms are removed; "The solar wind protons must sputter away the surface atoms of the dust"
- 3. clamber, scramble, shin, shinny, skin, struggle, sputter, climb
- usage: climb awkwardly, as if by scrambling
- 4. sputter, splutter, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: utter with a spitting sound, as if in a rage
- 5. splutter, sputter, spit out, expectorate, cough up, cough out, spit up, spit out
- usage: spit up in an explosive manner
All rights reserved.
See also: sputtering (Dictionary)