- 1. goad, goading, prod, prodding, urging, spur, spurring, encouragement
- usage: a verbalization that encourages you to attempt something; "the ceaseless prodding got on his nerves"
- 2. spur, spine, acantha, projection
- usage: any sharply pointed projection
- 3. spur, plant process, enation
- usage: tubular extension at the base of the corolla in some flowers
- 4. spur, gad, prod, goad
- usage: a sharp prod fixed to a rider's heel and used to urge a horse onward; "cowboys know not to squat with their spurs on"
- 5. branch line, spur track, spur, line, railway line, rail line
- usage: a railway line connected to a trunk line
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. spur, promote, advance, boost, further, encourage
- usage: incite or stimulate; "The Academy was formed to spur research"
- 2. spur, goad, encourage
- usage: give heart or courage to
- 3. spur, strike
- usage: strike with a spur
- 4. spur, goad
- usage: goad with spurs; "the rider spurred his horse"
- 5. spur, equip, fit, fit out, outfit
- usage: equip with spurs; "spur horses"
All rights reserved.
See also: spur (Dictionary)