- 1. spray, pesticide
- usage: a pesticide in suspension or solution; intended for spraying
- 2. spray, spraying, small indefinite quantity, small indefinite amount
- usage: a quantity of small objects flying through the air; "a spray of bullets"
- 3. spray, flower arrangement, floral arrangement
- usage: flower arrangement consisting of a single branch or shoot bearing flowers and foliage
- 4. atomizer, atomiser, spray, sprayer, nebulizer, nebuliser, dispenser
- usage: a dispenser that turns a liquid (such as perfume) into a fine mist
- 5. spray, water vapor, water vapour
- usage: water in small drops in the atmosphere; blown from waves or thrown up by a waterfall
- 6. spray, jet, squirt, spurt, spirt
- usage: a jet of vapor
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. spray, scatter, sprinkle, dot, dust, disperse
- usage: be discharged in sprays of liquid; "Water sprayed all over the floor"
- 2. spray, scatter, sprinkle, dot, dust, disperse
- usage: scatter in a mass or jet of droplets; "spray water on someone"; "spray paint on the wall"
- 3. spray, cover
- usage: cover by spraying with a liquid; "spray the wall with paint"
All rights reserved.
See also: spray (Dictionary)