Synonyms of spoken
- 1. talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise, communicate, intercommunicate
- usage: express in speech; "She talks a lot of nonsense"; "This depressed patient does not verbalize"
- 2. talk, speak, communicate, intercommunicate
- usage: exchange thoughts; talk with; "We often talk business"; "Actions talk louder than words"
- 3. speak, talk, communicate, intercommunicate
- usage: use language; "the baby talks already"; "the prisoner won't speak"; "they speak a strange dialect"
- 4. address, speak
- usage: give a speech to; "The chairman addressed the board of trustees"
- 5. speak, sound
- usage: make a characteristic or natural sound; "The drums spoke"
- 1. spoken (vs. written), expressed, uttered, verbalized, verbalised, oral, unwritten, verbal, viva-voce, word-of-mouth, articulate
- usage: uttered through the medium of speech or characterized by speech; sometimes used in combination; "a spoken message"; "the spoken language"; "a soft-spoken person"; "sharp-spoken"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of spoken (Dictionary)