Synonyms of specified
- 1. stipulate, qualify, condition, specify, contract, undertake
- usage: specify as a condition or requirement in a contract or agreement; make an express demand or provision in an agreement; "The will stipulates that she can live in the house for the rest of her life"; "The contract stipulates the dates of the payments"
- 2. specify, set, determine, define, fix, limit, choose, take, select, pick out
- usage: decide upon or fix definitely; "fix the variables"; "specify the parameters"
- 3. specify, define, delineate, delimit, delimitate, be
- usage: determine the essential quality of
- 4. specify, particularize, particularise, specialize, specialise, elaborate, lucubrate, expatiate, exposit, enlarge, flesh out, expand, expound, dilate
- usage: be specific about; "Could you please specify your criticism of my paper?"
- 5. pin down, peg down, nail down, narrow down, narrow, specify, determine
- usage: define clearly; "I cannot narrow down the rules for this game"
- 6. intend, destine, designate, specify, plan
- usage: design or destine; "She was intended to become the director"
- 7. assign, specify, set apart, choose, take, select, pick out
- usage: select something or someone for a specific purpose; "The teacher assigned him to lead his classmates in the exercise"
- 1. specified (vs. unspecified), mere(prenominal), nominative, nominal, specific
- usage: clearly and explicitly stated; "meals are at specified times"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.