- 1. space, infinite, attribute
- usage: the unlimited expanse in which everything is located; "they tested his ability to locate objects in space"; "the boundless regions of the infinite"
- 2. space, amorphous shape, location
- usage: an empty area (usually bounded in some way between things); "the architect left space in front of the building"; "they stopped at an open space in the jungle"; "the space between his teeth"
- 3. space, area, country
- usage: an area reserved for some particular purpose; "the laboratory's floor space"
- 4. outer space, space, space, infinite, location
- usage: any location outside the Earth's atmosphere; "the astronauts walked in outer space without a tether"; "the first major milestone in space exploration was in 1957, when the USSR's Sputnik 1 orbited the Earth"
- 5. space, blank, character, grapheme, graphic symbol
- usage: a blank character used to separate successive words in writing or printing; "he said the space is the most important character in the alphabet"
- 6. distance, space, time interval, interval
- usage: the interval between two times; "the distance from birth to death"; "it all happened in the space of 10 minutes"
- 7. space, blank space, place, area, expanse, surface area
- usage: a blank area; "write your name in the space provided"
- 8. space, area, expanse, surface area
- usage: one of the areas between or below or above the lines of a musical staff; "the spaces are the notes F-A-C-E"
- 9. quad, space, type
- usage: (printing) a block of type without a raised letter; used for spacing between words or sentences
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. space, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: place at intervals; "Space the interviews so that you have some time between the different candidates"
All rights reserved.
See also: space (Dictionary)