Synonyms of southwest
- 1. southwest, sou'-west, southwestward, SW, compass point, point
- usage: the compass point midway between south and west; at 225 degrees
- 2. Southwest, southwestern United States
- usage: the southwestern region of the United States generally including New Mexico, Arizona, Texas, Nevada, California, and sometimes Utah and Colorado
- 3. southwest, direction
- usage: the direction corresponding to the southwestward compass point
- 4. southwest, location
- usage: a location in the southwestern part of a country, region, or city
- 1. southwesterly, southwest, south (vs. north)
- usage: coming from the southwest; "the winds are southwesterly"
- 2. southwest, southwestern, southwesterly, south (vs. north)
- usage: situated in or oriented toward the southwest
- 1. southwest, south-west, sou'west
- usage: to, toward, or in the southwest
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of southwest (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.