Synonyms of source
- 1. beginning, origin, root, rootage, source, point
- usage: the place where something begins, where it springs into being; "the Italian beginning of the Renaissance"; "Jupiter was the origin of the radiation"; "Pittsburgh is the source of the Ohio River"; "communism's Russian root"
- 2. source, document, written document, papers
- usage: a document (or organization) from which information is obtained; "the reporter had two sources for the story"
- 3. source, seed, germ, inspiration
- usage: anything that provides inspiration for later work
- 4. source, facility, installation
- usage: a facility where something is available
- 5. informant, source, communicator
- usage: a person who supplies information
- 6. generator, source, author, maker, shaper
- usage: someone who originates or causes or initiates something; "he was the generator of several complaints"
- 7. source, natural process, natural action, action, activity
- usage: (technology) a process by which energy or a substance enters a system; "a heat source"; "a source of carbon dioxide"
- 8. reservoir, source, thing
- usage: anything (a person or animal or plant or substance) in which an infectious agent normally lives and multiplies; "an infectious agent depends on a reservoir for its survival"
- 9. reference, source, publication
- usage: a publication (or a passage from a publication) that is referred to; "he carried an armful of references back to his desk"; "he spent hours looking for the source of that quotation"
- 1. source, obtain
- usage: get (a product) from another country or business; "She sourced a supply of carpet"; "They are sourcing from smaller companies"
- 2. source, document
- usage: specify the origin of; "The writer carefully sourced her report"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of source (Dictionary)