Synonyms of sort out
- 1. classify, class, sort, assort, sort out, separate, categorize, categorise
- usage: arrange or order by classes or categories; "How would you classify these pottery shards--are they prehistoric?"
- 2. clear, clear up, shed light on, crystallize, crystallise, crystalize, crystalise, straighten out, sort out, enlighten, illuminate, elucidate, clarify, clear up, elucidate
- usage: make free from confusion or ambiguity; make clear; "Could you clarify these remarks?"; "Clear up the question of who is at fault"
- 3. discipline, correct, sort out, punish, penalize, penalise
- usage: punish in order to gain control or enforce obedience; "The teacher disciplined the pupils rather frequently"
All rights reserved.