WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. solicitation, entreaty, prayer, appeal
- usage: an entreaty addressed to someone of superior status; "a solicitation to the king for relief"
- 2. solicitation, appeal, collection, ingathering, request, petition, postulation
- usage: request for a sum of money; "an appeal to raise money for starving children"
- 3. solicitation, allurement, enticement, temptation
- usage: the act of enticing a person to do something wrong (as an offer of sex in return for money)
All rights reserved.
See also: solicitation (Dictionary)