Synonyms of soften
- 1. soften, change intensity
- usage: make (images or sounds) soft or softer
- 2. dampen, damp, soften, weaken, break, deaden, blunt
- usage: lessen in force or effect; "soften a shock"; "break a fall"
- 3. yield, relent, soften
- usage: give in, as to influence or pressure
- 4. cushion, buffer, soften, modify
- usage: protect from impact; "cushion the blow"
- 5. mince, soften, moderate, change, alter, modify
- usage: make less severe or harsh; "He moderated his tone when the students burst out in tears"
- 6. soften, change, alter, modify
- usage: make soft or softer; "This liquid will soften your laundry"
- 7. soften, change
- usage: become soft or softer; "The bread will soften if you pour some liquid on it"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of soften (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.