WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. socialization, socialisation, group action
- usage: the action of establishing on a socialist basis; "the socialization of medical services"
- 2. socialization, socialisation, socializing, socialising, meeting, coming together
- usage: the act of meeting for social purposes; "there was too much socialization with the enlisted men"
- 3. socialization, socialisation, acculturation, enculturation, social control
- usage: the adoption of the behavior patterns of the surrounding culture; "the socialization of children to the norms of their culture"
All rights reserved.
See also: socialization (Dictionary)