Synonyms of sobering
- 1. sober, change, alter, modify
- usage: cause to become sober; "A sobering thought"
- 2. sober up, sober, become, go, get
- usage: become more realistic; "After thinking about the potential consequences of his plan, he sobered up"
- 3. sober up, sober, become, go, get
- usage: become sober after excessive alcohol consumption; "Keep him in bed until he sobers up"
- 1. sobering, serious (vs. frivolous)
- usage: tending to make sober or more serious; "the news had a sobering effect"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.