- 1. snuff, char
- usage: the charred portion of a candlewick
- 2. snuff, touch, hint, tinge, mite, pinch, jot, speck, soupcon
- usage: a pinch of smokeless tobacco inhaled at a single time
- 3. snuff, tobacco, baccy
- usage: finely powdered tobacco for sniffing up the nose
- 4. sniff, snuff, smell, smelling
- usage: sensing an odor by inhaling through the nose
- 1. snuff, snuffle, smell
- usage: sniff or smell inquiringly
- 2. snuff, inhale, inspire, breathe in
- usage: inhale audibly through the nose; "snuff coke"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. snuff, snuff-brown, mummy-brown, chukker-brown, chromatic (vs. achromatic)
- usage: snuff colored; of a greyish to yellowish brown
All rights reserved.
See also: snuff (Dictionary)