- 1. snipe, shorebird, shore bird, limicoline bird
- usage: Old or New World straight-billed game bird of the sandpiper family; of marshy areas; similar to the woodcocks
- 2. snipe, gunfire, gunshot
- usage: a gunshot from a concealed location
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. snipe, hunt, run, hunt down, track down
- usage: hunt or shoot snipe
- 2. sharpshoot, snipe, blast, shoot
- usage: aim and shoot with great precision
- 3. attack, round, assail, lash out, snipe, assault, knock, criticize, criticise, pick apart
- usage: attack in speech or writing; "The editors of the left-leaning paper attacked the new House Speaker"
All rights reserved.
See also: snipe (Dictionary)