WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. center, snapper, lineman
- usage: (football) the person who plays center on the line of scrimmage and snaps the ball to the quarterback; "the center fumbled the handoff"
- 2. snapper, saltwater fish
- usage: flesh of any of various important food fishes of warm seas
- 3. cracker, snapper, cracker bonbon, party favor, party favour, favor, favour
- usage: a party favor consisting of a paper roll (usually containing candy or a small favor) that pops when pulled at both ends
- 4. snapper, Chrysophrys auratus, sparid, sparid fish
- usage: Australian food fish having a pinkish body with blue spots
- 5. snapper, percoid fish, percoid, percoidean, food fish
- usage: any of several large sharp-toothed marine food and sport fishes of the family Lutjanidae of mainly tropical coastal waters
- 6. common snapping turtle, snapper, Chelydra serpentina, snapping turtle
- usage: large-headed turtle with powerful hooked jaws found in or near water; prone to bite
All rights reserved.
See also: snapper (Dictionary)