- 1. shower, plumbing fixture
- usage: a plumbing fixture that sprays water over you; "they installed a shower in the bathroom"
- 2. shower, shower bath, washup, bathing
- usage: washing yourself by standing upright under water sprayed from a nozzle; "he took a shower after the game"
- 3. shower, rain shower, rain, rainfall
- usage: a brief period of precipitation; "the game was interrupted by a brief shower"
- 4. shower, cascade, descent
- usage: a sudden downpour (as of tears or sparks etc) likened to a rain shower; "a little shower of rose petals"; "a sudden cascade of sparks"
- 5. exhibitor, exhibitioner, shower, showman, promoter, impresario
- usage: someone who organizes an exhibit for others to see
- 6. shower, party
- usage: a party of friends assembled to present gifts (usually of a specified kind) to a person; "her friends organized a baby shower for her when she was expecting"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. lavish, shower, consume, squander, waste, ware
- usage: expend profusely; also used with abstract nouns; "He was showered with praise"
- 2. shower, spray
- usage: spray or sprinkle with; "The guests showered rice on the couple"
- 3. shower, bathe
- usage: take a shower; wash one's body in the shower; "You should shower after vigorous exercise"
- 4. shower, shower down, rain, rain down
- usage: rain abundantly; "Meteors showered down over half of Australia"
- 5. shower, provide, supply, ply, cater
- usage: provide abundantly with; "He showered her with presents"
All rights reserved.
See also: shower (Dictionary)