- 1. shore, geological formation, formation
- usage: the land along the edge of a body of water
- 2. shore, shoring, beam
- usage: a beam or timber that is propped against a structure to provide support
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. shore, bound, border
- usage: serve as a shore to; "The river was shored by trees"
- 2. land, set ashore, shore, arrive, get, come
- usage: arrive on shore; "The ship landed in Pearl Harbor"
- 3. prop up, prop, shore up, shore, hold, support, sustain, hold up
- usage: support by placing against something solid or rigid; "shore and buttress an old building"
All rights reserved.
See also: shore (Dictionary)