- 1. shopping, buying, purchasing
- usage: searching for or buying goods or services; "went shopping for a reliable plumber"; "does her shopping at the mall rather than down town"
- 2. shopping, commodity, trade good, good
- usage: the commodities purchased from stores; "she loaded her shopping into the car"women carrying home shopping didn't give me a second glance"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. shop, obtain
- usage: do one's shopping; "She goes shopping every Friday"
- 2. patronize, patronise, shop, shop at, buy at, frequent, sponsor, support, back up
- usage: do one's shopping at; do business with; be a customer or client of
- 3. shop, browse, search, seek, look for
- usage: shop around; not necessarily buying; "I don't need help, I'm just browsing"
- 4. denounce, tell on, betray, give away, rat, grass, shit, shop, snitch, stag, inform
- usage: give away information about somebody; "He told on his classmate who had cheated on the exam"
All rights reserved.
See also: shopping (Dictionary)