- 1. shop, store, mercantile establishment, retail store, sales outlet, outlet
- usage: a mercantile establishment for the retail sale of goods or services; "he bought it at a shop on Cape Cod"
- 2. workshop, shop, workplace, work
- usage: small workplace where handcrafts or manufacturing are done
- 3. shop class, shop, course, course of study, course of instruction, class
- usage: a course of instruction in a trade (as carpentry or electricity); "I built a birdhouse in shop"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. shop, obtain
- usage: do one's shopping; "She goes shopping every Friday"
- 2. patronize, patronise, shop, shop at, buy at, frequent, sponsor, support, back up
- usage: do one's shopping at; do business with; be a customer or client of
- 3. shop, browse, search, seek, look for
- usage: shop around; not necessarily buying; "I don't need help, I'm just browsing"
- 4. denounce, tell on, betray, give away, rat, grass, shit, shop, snitch, stag, inform
- usage: give away information about somebody; "He told on his classmate who had cheated on the exam"
All rights reserved.
See also: shop (Dictionary)