WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. taw, shooter, marble
- usage: a large marble used for shooting in the game of marbles
- 2. shot, shooter, expert
- usage: a person who shoots (usually with respect to their ability to shoot); "he is a crack shot"; "a poor shooter"
- 3. shooter, crap-shooter, gambler
- usage: a gambler who throws dice in the game of craps
- 4. shooter, player, participant
- usage: (sports) a player who drives or kicks a ball at the goal (or a basketball player who shoots at the basket)
- 5. gunman, gunslinger, hired gun, gun, gun for hire, triggerman, hit man, hitman, torpedo, shooter, murderer, liquidator, manslayer
- usage: a professional killer who uses a gun
All rights reserved.
See also: shooter (Dictionary)