- 1. shoal, sandbank
- usage: a sandbank in a stretch of water that is visible at low tide
- 2. shoal, shallow, body of water, water
- usage: a stretch of shallow water
- 3. school, shoal, animal group
- usage: a large group of fish; "a school of small glittering fish swam by"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. shallow, shoal, change, alter, modify
- usage: make shallow; "The silt shallowed the canal"
- 2. shallow, shoal, change
- usage: become shallow; "the lake shallowed over time"
All rights reserved.
See also: shoal (Dictionary)