WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. glistening, glossy, lustrous, sheeny, shiny, shining, bright (vs. dull)
- usage: reflecting light; "glistening bodies of swimmers"; "the horse's glossy coat"; "lustrous auburn hair"; "saw the moon like a shiny dime on a deep blue velvet carpet"; "shining white enamel"
- 2. glazed (vs. unglazed), shiny, glassy, vitreous, vitrified, glass-like, glossy, calendered, icy
- usage: having a shiny surface or coating; "glazed fabrics"; "glazed doughnuts"
- 3. bright, burnished, lustrous, shining, shiny, polished (vs. unpolished)
- usage: made smooth and bright by or as if by rubbing; reflecting a sheen or glow; "bright silver candlesticks"; "a burnished brass knocker"; "she brushed her hair until it fell in lustrous auburn waves"; "rows of shining glasses"; "shiny black patents"
All rights reserved.
See also: shiny (Dictionary)