- 1. share, portion, part, percentage, assets
- usage: assets belonging to or due to or contributed by an individual person or group; "he wanted his share in cash"
- 2. share, stock certificate, stock
- usage: any of the equal portions into which the capital stock of a corporation is divided and ownership of which is evidenced by a stock certificate; "he bought 100 shares of IBM at the market price"
- 3. parcel, portion, share, allotment, apportionment, apportioning, allocation, parceling, parcelling, assignation
- usage: the allotment of some amount by dividing something; "death gets more than its share of attention from theologians"
- 4. contribution, part, share, attempt, effort, endeavor, endeavour, try
- usage: the part played by a person in bringing about a result; "I am proud of my contribution in advancing the project"; "they all did their share of the work"
- 5. plowshare, ploughshare, share, wedge
- usage: a sharp steel wedge that cuts loose the top layer of soil
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. share, overlap
- usage: have in common; "Our children share a love of music"; "The two countries share a long border"
- 2. share, use, utilize, utilise, apply, employ
- usage: use jointly or in common
- 3. partake, share, partake in, get, acquire
- usage: have, give, or receive a share of; "We shared the cake"
- 4. share, divvy up, portion out, apportion, deal, distribute, give out, hand out, pass out
- usage: give out as one's portion or share
- 5. share, communicate, intercommunicate
- usage: communicate; "I'd like to share this idea with you"
All rights reserved.
See also: share (Dictionary)