- 1. shape, form, configuration, contour, conformation, spatial property, spatiality
- usage: any spatial attributes (especially as defined by outline); "he could barely make out their shapes"
- 2. shape, form, attribute
- usage: the spatial arrangement of something as distinct from its substance; "geometry is the mathematical science of shape"
- 3. human body, physical body, material body, soma, build, figure, physique, anatomy, shape, bod, chassis, frame, form, flesh, body, organic structure, physical structure
- usage: alternative names for the body of a human being; "Leonardo studied the human body"; "he has a strong physique"; "the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak"
- 4. shape, embodiment, concretism, concrete representation
- usage: a concrete representation of an otherwise nebulous concept; "a circle was the embodiment of his concept of life"
- 5. form, shape, cast, appearance, visual aspect
- usage: the visual appearance of something or someone; "the delicate cast of his features"
- 6. condition, shape, good health, healthiness
- usage: the state of (good) health (especially in the phrases `in condition' or `in shape' or `out of condition' or `out of shape')
- 7. Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe, SHAPE, high command, supreme headquarters
- usage: the supreme headquarters that advises NATO on military matters and oversees all aspects of the Allied Command Europe
- 8. form, shape, pattern, structure
- usage: a perceptual structure; "the composition presents problems for students of musical form"; "a visual pattern must include not only objects but the spaces between them"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. determine, shape, mold, influence, regulate, cause, do, make
- usage: shape or influence; give direction to; "experience often determines ability"; "mold public opinion"
- 2. shape, form, work, mold, mould, forge, create from raw material, create from raw stuff
- usage: make something, usually for a specific function; "She molded the rice balls carefully"; "Form cylinders from the dough"; "shape a figure"; "Work the metal into a sword"
- 3. shape, form, change, alter, modify
- usage: give shape or form to; "shape the dough"; "form the young child's character"
All rights reserved.
See also: shape (Dictionary)