WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. shamefaced, modest (vs. immodest)
- usage: extremely modest or shy; "cheerfully bearing reproaches but shamefaced at praise"- H.O.Taylor
- 2. shamefaced, sheepish, ashamed(predicate) (vs. unashamed)
- usage: showing a sense of shame
- 3. guilty, hangdog, shamefaced, shamed, ashamed(predicate) (vs. unashamed)
- usage: showing a sense of guilt; "a guilty look"; "the hangdog and shamefaced air of the retreating enemy"- Eric Linklater
All rights reserved.
See also: shamefaced (Dictionary)