- 1. shadow, shade, shade off, darken
- usage: cast a shadow over
- 2. shade, fill in, draw, paint
- usage: represent the effect of shade or shadow on
- 3. shade, screen, block out
- usage: protect from light, heat, or view; "Shade your eyes when you step out into the bright sunlight"
- 4. shade, change, alter, modify
- usage: vary slightly; "shade the meaning"
- 5. shade, change
- usage: pass from one quality such as color to another by a slight degree; "the butterfly wings shade to yellow"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. shaded (vs. unshaded), murky, mirky, shady, shadowed, shadowy, umbrageous
- usage: protected from heat and light with shade or shadow; "shaded avenues"; "o'er the shaded billows rushed the night"- Alexander Pope
- 2. shaded (vs. unshaded), hatched, crosshatched
- usage: (of pictures or drawings) drawn or painted with degrees or gradations of shadow; "the shaded areas of the face seemed to recede"
All rights reserved.
See also: shaded (Dictionary)