- 1. shackle, bond, hamper, trammel, restraint, constraint
- usage: a restraint that confines or restricts freedom (especially something used to tie down or restrain a prisoner)
- 2. shackle, bar
- usage: a U-shaped bar; the open end can be passed through chain links and closed with a bar
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pinion, shackle, restrain, confine, hold
- usage: bind the arms of
- 2. fetter, shackle, restrain, confine, hold
- usage: restrain with fetters
All rights reserved.
See also: shackle (Dictionary)