Synonyms of set up
- 1. apparatus, setup, equipment
- usage: equipment designed to serve a specific function
- 2. setup, manner, mode, style, way, fashion
- usage: the way something is organized or arranged; "it takes time to learn the setup around here"
- 3. frame-up, setup, falsification, falsehood
- usage: an act that incriminates someone on a false charge
- 1. establish, set up, found, launch, open, open up
- usage: set up or found; "She set up a literacy program"
- 2. assemble, piece, put together, set up, tack, tack together, join, bring together, make, create
- usage: create by putting components or members together; "She pieced a quilt"; "He tacked together some verses"; "They set up a committee"
- 3. raise, erect, rear, set up, put up, construct, build, make
- usage: construct, build, or erect; "Raise a barn"
- 4. set up, lay out, set, fix, prepare, set up, ready, gear up, set
- usage: get ready for a particular purpose or event; "set up an experiment"; "set the table"; "lay out the tools for the surgery"
- 5. arrange, set up, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: put into a proper or systematic order; "arrange the books on the shelves in chronological order"
- 6. set up, organize, organise, prepare, devise, get up, machinate
- usage: begin, or enable someone else to begin, a venture by providing the means, logistics, etc.; "set up an election"
- 7. ensnare, entrap, frame, set up, deceive, lead on, delude, cozen
- usage: take or catch as if in a snare or trap; "I was set up!"; "The innocent man was framed by the police"
- 8. effect, effectuate, set up, cause, do, make
- usage: produce; "The scientists set up a shock wave"
- 9. install, instal, put in, set up, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: set up for use; "install the washer and dryer"; "We put in a new sink"
- 10. install, instal, set up, establish
- usage: place; "Her manager had set her up at the Ritz"
- 11. rig, set up, cheat, chisel
- usage: arrange the outcome of by means of deceit; "rig an election"
- 12. pitch, set up, rear, erect
- usage: erect and fasten; "pitch a tent"
- 13. arrange, set up, put, order, organize, organise
- usage: arrange thoughts, ideas, temporal events; "arrange my schedule"; "set up one's life"; "I put these memories with those of bygone times"
- 14. rig, set, set up, equip, fit, fit out, outfit
- usage: equip with sails or masts; "rig a ship"
- 15. fix, prepare, set up, ready, gear up, set, change, alter, modify
- usage: make ready or suitable or equip in advance for a particular purpose or for some use, event, etc; "Get the children ready for school!"; "prepare for war"; "I was fixing to leave town after I paid the hotel bill"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.