- 1. sequence, series
- usage: serial arrangement in which things follow in logical order or a recurrent pattern; "the sequence of names was alphabetical"; "he invented a technique to determine the sequence of base pairs in DNA"
- 2. sequence, chronological sequence, succession, successiveness, chronological succession, temporal arrangement, temporal order
- usage: a following of one thing after another in time; "the doctor saw a sequence of patients"
- 3. sequence, episode, film, photographic film
- usage: film consisting of a succession of related shots that develop a given subject in a movie
- 4. succession, sequence, order, ordering
- usage: the action of following in order; "he played the trumps in sequence"
- 5. sequence, repeat, repetition
- usage: several repetitions of a melodic phrase in different keys
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sequence, rate, rank, range, order, grade, place
- usage: arrange in a sequence
- 2. sequence, determine, find, find out, ascertain
- usage: determine the order of constituents in; "They sequenced the human genome"
All rights reserved.
See also: sequence (Dictionary)