WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sepulchral
- usage: of or relating to a sepulchre; "sepulchral inscriptions"; "sepulchral monuments in churches"
- 2. charnel, ghastly, sepulchral, offensive (vs. inoffensive)
- usage: gruesomely indicative of death or the dead; "a charnel smell came from the chest filled with dead men's bones"; "ghastly shrieks"; "the sepulchral darkness of the catacombs"
- 3. funereal, sepulchral, joyless (vs. joyous)
- usage: suited to or suggestive of a grave or burial; "funereal gloom"; "hollow sepulchral tones"
All rights reserved.
See also: sepulchral (Dictionary)