WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. awareness, sentience, consciousness
- usage: state of elementary or undifferentiated consciousness; "the crash intruded on his awareness"
- 2. sense, sensation, sentience, sentiency, sensory faculty, faculty, mental faculty, module
- usage: the faculty through which the external world is apprehended; "in the dark he had to depend on touch and on his senses of smell and hearing"
- 3. sentience, animateness, aliveness, liveness
- usage: the readiness to perceive sensations; elementary or undifferentiated consciousness; "gave sentience to slugs and newts"- Richard Eberhart
All rights reserved.
See also: sentience (Dictionary)