Synonyms of sentence
- 1. sentence, string of words, word string, linguistic string
- usage: a string of words satisfying the grammatical rules of a language; "he always spoke in grammatical sentences"
- 2. conviction, judgment of conviction, condemnation, sentence, final judgment, final decision
- usage: (criminal law) a final judgment of guilty in a criminal case and the punishment that is imposed; "the conviction came as no surprise"
- 3. prison term, sentence, time, term
- usage: the period of time a prisoner is imprisoned; "he served a prison term of 15 months"; "his sentence was 5 to 10 years"; "he is doing time in the county jail"
- 1. sentence, condemn, doom, declare
- usage: pronounce a sentence on (somebody) in a court of law; "He was condemned to ten years in prison"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of sentence (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.