- 1. segregate, discriminate, separate, single out
- usage: separate by race or religion; practice a policy of racial segregation; "This neighborhood is segregated"; "We don't segregate in this county"
- 2. segregate, separate, divide, part
- usage: divide from the main body or mass and collect; "Many towns segregated into new counties"; "Experiments show clearly that genes segregate"
- 3. segregate, isolate, insulate
- usage: separate or isolate (one thing) from another and place in a group apart from others; "the sun segregates the carbon"; "large mining claims are segregated into smaller claims"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. segregated (vs. integrated), unintegrated, isolated, quarantined, separate, sequestered, white, lily-white, divided, separate
- usage: separated or isolated from others or a main group; "a segregated school system"; "a segregated neighborhood"
All rights reserved.
See also: segregated (Dictionary)