- 1. second, sec, s, time unit, unit of time
- usage: 1/60 of a minute; the basic unit of time adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites
- 2. secant, sec, trigonometric function, circular function
- usage: ratio of the hypotenuse to the adjacent side of a right-angled triangle
- 3. Securities and Exchange Commission, SEC, independent agency
- usage: an independent federal agency that oversees the exchange of securities to protect investors
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sec, unsweet, dry (vs. sweet)
- usage: (of champagne) moderately dry
All rights reserved.
See also: sec (Dictionary)