- 1. seating, seats, seating room, seating area, room, way, elbow room
- usage: an area that includes places where several people can sit; "there is seating for 40 students in this classroom"
- 2. seating, service
- usage: the service of ushering people to their seats
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. seat, sit, sit down, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: show to a seat; assign a seat for; "The host seated me next to Mrs. Smith"
- 2. seat, accommodate, hold, admit
- usage: be able to seat; "The theater seats 2,000"
- 3. induct, invest, seat, install, instal
- usage: place ceremoniously or formally in an office or position; "there was a ceremony to induct the president of the Academy"
- 4. seat, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: put a seat on a chair
- 5. seat, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: provide with seats; "seat a concert hall"
- 6. seat, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: place or attach firmly in or on a base; "seat the camera on the tripod"
- 7. seat, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: place in or on a seat; "the mother seated the toddler on the high chair"
All rights reserved.
See also: seating (Dictionary)