- 1. bit, chip, flake, fleck, scrap, fragment
- usage: a small fragment of something broken off from the whole; "a bit of rock caught him in the eye"
- 2. rubbish, trash, scrap, waste, waste material, waste matter, waste product
- usage: worthless material that is to be disposed of
- 3. scrap, piece
- usage: a small piece of something that is left over after the rest has been used; "she jotted it on a scrap of paper"; "there was not a scrap left"
- 4. fight, fighting, combat, scrap, conflict, struggle, battle
- usage: the act of fighting; any contest or struggle; "a fight broke out at the hockey game"; "there was fighting in the streets"; "the unhappy couple got into a terrible scrap"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. trash, junk, scrap, discard, fling, toss, toss out, toss away, chuck out, cast aside, dispose, throw out, cast out, throw away, cast away, put away
- usage: dispose of (something useless or old); "trash these old chairs"; "junk an old car"; "scrap your old computer"
- 2. quarrel, dispute, scrap, argufy, altercate, argue, contend, debate, fence
- usage: have a disagreement over something; "We quarreled over the question as to who discovered America"; "These two fellows are always scrapping over something"
- 3. scrap, convert
- usage: make into scrap or refuse; "scrap the old airplane and sell the parts"
All rights reserved.
See also: scrap (Dictionary)