Synonyms of scorched
- 1. sear, scorch, heat, heat up
- usage: make very hot and dry; "The heat scorched the countryside"
- 2. scorch, sear, singe, burn, combust
- usage: become superficially burned; "my eyebrows singed when I bent over the flames"
- 3. scorch, burn, fire, burn down
- usage: destroy completely by or as if by fire; "The wildfire scorched the forest and several homes"; "the invaders scorched the land"
- 4. char, blacken, sear, scorch, burn
- usage: burn slightly and superficially so as to affect color; "The cook blackened the chicken breast"; "The fire charred the ceiling above the mantelpiece"; "the flames scorched the ceiling"
- 5. scorch, dry, dry out
- usage: become scorched or singed under intense heat or dry conditions; "The exposed tree scorched in the hot sun"
- 1. adust, baked, parched, scorched, sunbaked, dry (vs. wet)
- usage: dried out by heat or excessive exposure to sunlight; "a vast desert all adust"; "land lying baked in the heat"; "parched soil"; "the earth was scorched and bare"; "sunbaked salt flats"
- 2. scorched, destroyed (vs. preserved)
- usage: having everything destroyed so nothing is left salvageable by an enemy; "Sherman's scorched earth policy"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.