- 1. scissors, pair of scissors, edge tool, compound lever
- usage: an edge tool having two crossed pivoting blades
- 2. scissors, scissors hold, scissor hold, scissor grip, scissors grip, wrestling hold
- usage: a wrestling hold in which you wrap your legs around the opponents body or head and put your feet together and squeeze
- 3. scissors, gymnastic exercise
- usage: a gymnastic exercise performed on the pommel horse when the gymnast moves his legs as the blades of scissors move
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. scissor, cut
- usage: cut with or as if with scissors
All rights reserved.
See also: scissors (Dictionary)