- 1. schooling, teaching, instruction, pedagogy
- usage: the act of teaching at school
- 2. school, schooling, education
- usage: the process of being formally educated at a school; "what will you do when you finish school?"
- 3. schooling, training, preparation, grooming
- usage: the training of an animal (especially the training of a horse for dressage)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. school, educate
- usage: educate in or as if in a school; "The children are schooled at great cost to their parents in private institutions"
- 2. educate, school, train, cultivate, civilize, civilise, polish, refine, fine-tune, down
- usage: teach or refine to be discriminative in taste or judgment; "Cultivate your musical taste"; "Train your tastebuds"; "She is well schooled in poetry"
- 3. school, swim
- usage: swim in or form a large group of fish; "A cluster of schooling fish was attracted to the bait"
All rights reserved.
See also: schooling (Dictionary)