Synonyms of school
- 1. school, educational institution
- usage: an educational institution; "the school was founded in 1900"
- 2. school, schoolhouse, building, edifice
- usage: a building where young people receive education; "the school was built in 1932"; "he walked to school every morning"
- 3. school, schooling, education
- usage: the process of being formally educated at a school; "what will you do when you finish school?"
- 4. school, body
- usage: a body of creative artists or writers or thinkers linked by a similar style or by similar teachers; "the Venetian school of painting"
- 5. school, schooltime, school day, time period, period of time, period
- usage: the period of instruction in a school; the time period when school is in session; "stay after school"; "he didn't miss a single day of school"; "when the school day was done we would walk home together"
- 6. school, educational institution
- usage: an educational institution's faculty and students; "the school keeps parents informed"; "the whole school turned out for the game"
- 7. school, shoal, animal group
- usage: a large group of fish; "a school of small glittering fish swam by"
- 1. school, educate
- usage: educate in or as if in a school; "The children are schooled at great cost to their parents in private institutions"
- 2. educate, school, train, cultivate, civilize, civilise, polish, refine, fine-tune, down
- usage: teach or refine to be discriminative in taste or judgment; "Cultivate your musical taste"; "Train your tastebuds"; "She is well schooled in poetry"
- 3. school, swim
- usage: swim in or form a large group of fish; "A cluster of schooling fish was attracted to the bait"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of school (Dictionary)