Synonyms of scene
- 1. scene, area, country
- usage: the place where some action occurs; "the police returned to the scene of the crime"
- 2. scene, incident
- usage: an incident (real or imaginary); "their parting was a sad scene"
- 3. view, aspect, prospect, scene, vista, panorama, visual percept, visual image
- usage: the visual percept of a region; "the most desirable feature of the park are the beautiful views"
- 4. scene, shot, photograph, photo, exposure, picture, pic
- usage: a consecutive series of pictures that constitutes a unit of action in a film
- 5. picture, scene, situation, state of affairs
- usage: a situation treated as an observable object; "the political picture is favorable"; "the religious scene in England has changed in the last century"
- 6. scene, dramatic composition, dramatic work
- usage: a subdivision of an act of a play; "the first act has three scenes"
- 7. fit, tantrum, scene, conniption, bad temper, ill temper
- usage: a display of bad temper; "he had a fit"; "she threw a tantrum"; "he made a scene"
- 8. scene, view, graphic art
- usage: graphic art consisting of the graphic or photographic representation of a visual percept; "he painted scenes from everyday life"; "figure 2 shows photographic and schematic views of the equipment"
- 9. setting, scene, environment, environs, surroundings, surround
- usage: the context and environment in which something is set; "the perfect setting for a ghost story"
- 10. scenery, scene, stage set, set
- usage: the painted structures of a stage set that are intended to suggest a particular locale; "they worked all night painting the scenery"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of scene (Dictionary)