WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. satinwood, West Indian satinwood, Zanthoxylum flavum, angiospermous yellowwood
- usage: West Indian tree with smooth lustrous and slightly oily wood
- 2. satinwood, wood
- usage: hard yellowish wood of a satinwood tree having a satiny luster; used for fine cabinetwork and tools
- 3. satinwood, satinwood tree, Chloroxylon swietenia, tree
- usage: East Indian tree with valuable hard lustrous yellowish wood;
All rights reserved.
See also: satinwood (Dictionary)