Synonyms of sanction
- 1. sanction, countenance, endorsement, indorsement, warrant, imprimatur, approval, commendation
- usage: formal and explicit approval; "a Democrat usually gets the union's endorsement"
- 2. sanction, social control
- usage: a mechanism of social control for enforcing a society's standards
- 3. authority, authorization, authorisation, sanction, permission
- usage: official permission or approval; "authority for the program was renewed several times"
- 4. sanction, authorization, authorisation, empowerment
- usage: the act of final authorization; "it had the sanction of the church"
- 1. approve, O.K., okay, sanction, authorize, authorise, pass, clear
- usage: give sanction to; "I approve of his educational policies"
- 2. sanction, empower, authorise, authorize
- usage: give authority or permission to
- 3. sanction, approve, O.K., okay, sanction
- usage: give religious sanction to, such as through on oath; "sanctify the marriage"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of sanction (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.