WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sake, interest, benefit, welfare
- usage: a reason for wanting something done; "for your sake"; "died for the sake of his country"; "in the interest of safety"; "in the common interest"
- 2. sake, saki, rice beer, alcohol, alcoholic drink, alcoholic beverage, intoxicant, inebriant
- usage: Japanese alcoholic beverage made from fermented rice; usually served hot
- 3. sake, purpose, intent, intention, aim, design
- usage: the purpose of achieving or obtaining; "for the sake of argument"
All rights reserved.
See also: sake (Dictionary)