WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rutherford, radioactivity unit
- usage: a unit strength of a radioactive source equal to one million disintegrations per second
- 2. Rutherford, Daniel Rutherford
- usage: British chemist who isolated nitrogen (1749-1819)
- 3. Rutherford, Ernest Rutherford, First Baron Rutherford, First Baron Rutherford of Nelson
- usage: British physicist (born in New Zealand) who discovered the atomic nucleus and proposed a nuclear model of the atom (1871-1937)
All rights reserved.
See also: rutherford (Dictionary)