Synonyms of rue
- 1. rue, herb of grace, Ruta graveolens, herb, herbaceous plant
- usage: European strong-scented perennial herb with grey-green bitter-tasting leaves; an irritant similar to poison ivy
- 2. rue, herb
- usage: leaves sometimes used for flavoring fruit or claret cup but should be used with great caution: can cause irritation like poison ivy
- 3. sorrow, regret, rue, ruefulness, sadness, unhappiness
- usage: sadness associated with some wrong done or some disappointment; "he drank to drown his sorrows"; "he wrote a note expressing his regret"; "to his rue, the error cost him the game"
- 4. rue, street
- usage: (French) a street or road in France
- 1. repent, regret, rue, feel, experience
- usage: feel remorse for; feel sorry for; be contrite about
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of rue (Dictionary)