- 1. row, line
- usage: an arrangement of objects or people side by side in a line; "a row of chairs"
- 2. quarrel, wrangle, row, words, run-in, dustup, dispute, difference, difference of opinion, conflict
- usage: an angry dispute; "they had a quarrel"; "they had words"
- 3. row, strip
- usage: a long continuous strip (usually running horizontally); "a mackerel sky filled with rows of clouds"; "rows of barbed wire protected the trenches"
- 4. course, row, layer, bed
- usage: (construction) a layer of masonry; "a course of bricks"
- 5. row, array
- usage: a linear array of numbers, letters, or symbols side by side
- 6. row, sequence, chronological sequence, succession, successiveness, chronological succession
- usage: a continuous chronological succession without an interruption; "they won the championship three years in a row"
- 7. rowing, row, sport, athletics
- usage: the act of rowing as a sport
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. row, boat
- usage: propel with oars; "row the boat across the lake"
All rights reserved.
See also: row (Dictionary)