WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. roughshod, shod (vs. unshod), shodden, shoed
- usage: (of a horse) having horseshoes with projecting nails to prevent slipping
- 2. barbarous, brutal, cruel, fell, roughshod, savage, vicious, inhumane (vs. humane)
- usage: (of persons or their actions) able or disposed to inflict pain or suffering; "a barbarous crime"; "brutal beatings"; "cruel tortures"; "Stalin's roughshod treatment of the kulaks"; "a savage slap"; "vicious kicks"
- 3. heavy-handed, roughshod, domineering (vs. submissive)
- usage: unjustly domineering; "incensed at the government's heavy-handed economic policies"; "a manager who rode roughshod over all opposition"
All rights reserved.
See also: roughshod (Dictionary)